Rorschach - CANCELLED
TRISTAR TRIATHLON 2019 IN RORSCHACH CAN NOT TAKE PLACE. FURTHER INFORMATION
The TriStar format started in 2017 after a break in Switzerland on the shores of Lake Constance. Founded in 2009, the triathlon series organized 25 events in different countries with an attractive format at distances. The restart took place in September 2017 in Switzerland in Rorschach, in the strategically interesting border triangle (CH, Ö, D) on Lake Constance. The management was reshaped and even shines with a star cast of professional sports, the Olympic champion in the time trial, Fabian Cancellara complements the trio of the new TriStar leadership.
In Rorschach the following distances are offered (Sunday 07 July 2019):
TriStar 111: swim 1km – 100km bike – 10km run
TriStar 55.5: 500m swim – 50km bike – 5km run
Additionally to the Sunday races there will be activities and competitions for Kids on Saturday 6 July 2019.
The specific categories will follow here, race date will be Saturday, 6 July 2019
- Unique event series in terms of format and brand
- Team Relay & Single categories
- Interesting format for cyclists and triathlon beginners
- Shorter recovery time for (pro) athletes
- Because of easily understandable formats, expansion is optimal
- Health-conscious approach
- Attractive for a broad target group
- With Kids Triathlon -> fun & sports weekend for every family member
- High satisfaction with past events (TriStar survey)
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
- The streets are not closed down and the Swiss road traffic regulations have to be respected at any time!
- No drafting allowed (drafting box 12x3m)
- TriStar 111 Start 7:30am & TriStar 55.5 Start 9:30am (cut-off bike course 13:00 h)
- TriStar 111 is a licensed race (Swiss Triathlon rules) – Swiss Triathlon Day License can be purchased online during the registration or on-site
- Bib number distribution & check-in on Saturday 6.7.2019 (afternoon) and Sunday 7.7.2019 (early morning) for both TriStar distances possible
- Bring your signed waiver document to the bib number distribution (or sign it on-site)
- TriStar 111: Price money will be provided for the winners
- TriStar is fun – enjoy the different format and approach #UniqueFormatForUniqueAthletes
- All formats are non-drafting races
- TriStar 111 is a licensed race
- TriStar 55.5 is a non-licensed race
- Relay / Team disciplines available
Swim 500m / 1km
The TriStar swim start takes place in front of the Würth Haus in Rorschach. The water temperature of the Lake Constance in July is at about 21 Celsius, the neoprene suit regulation of the Swiss Triathlon competition regulation will be applied for the license race (TriStar 111).
Bike 50km / 100km
This bike course is truly an attractive course, uphill, downhill and flat parts - always within the beautiful nature of this region. By leaving the city of Rorschach the course leads you past the airport to the Austrian border. From there in direction to St. Margrethen it takes you through the beautiful, but hilly Appenzell. Downhill from Untereggen via Rorschacherberg back to Rorschach to the Würth House where the second lap begins (TriStar 111) or directly into the transition zone (TriStar 55.5). The difference in altitude for 1x 50km lap is 590m.
Run 5km / 10km
From the transition zone, you will run the 5km lap with tremendously beautiful views directly along the Lake Constance to Goldach and back on the same way. The turning point is situated shortly before the transition zone where it goeas to the second lap and soon you will reach the finish in front of the Würth House Rorschach.
Click on the map above to enlarge.
Click on the map above to enlarge.
Saturday 6 July 2019
- Check-in & bib number distribution (afternoon) for TriStar 55.5 & TriStar 111
- Kids Triathlon
- Parking available & train station access right next to the Würth Haus
- Expo Village
- Food stands
Sunday 7 July 2019
- NEW: Check-in & bib number distribution (early morning)
- Transition zone opening TriStar 111 & TriStar 55.5
- 7:30 Start TriStar 111
- Transition zone opening TriStar 55.5
- 9:30 Start TriStar 55.5
- Winner ceremony
- Expo Village
- Food stands & entertainment
- Parking available (access time limited) & train station access right next to the Würth Haus
A more detailed event and race schedule will be uploaded soon.
Next summer it’s again time for the third edition of the TriStar Switzerland in Rorschach. Important information about the program, rules and checklists can be found here soon. We are looking forward to your participation and wish you good preparations.
We kindly ask you to carefully read this waiver at home, print it out and hand it in signed at the bib distribution. Without the signed waiver we cannot give you your bib for the race (copies can also be found at the bib distribution).
If you have further questions please contact us at email@example.com
In 2019, the Kids Triathlon will again take place in Rorschach. It’s the perfect opportunity for the kids to explore the sport with all its disciplines. The youngest athletes will conduct their Kids Triathlon ‘fun races’ on Saturday, 6 July 2019 in the surroundings of the Würth Haus and the public swimming pool right at the lake.
We are currently finalizing all details and will inform you as soon as possible about the details and categories. Stay in touch on FACEBOOK
Categories in 2018 were the following:
Delfin: 100m swim – 1400m bike – 500m run
Piranha: 50m swim – 900m bike – 500m run
Seepferd: 50m swim – 900m bike – 250m run
Goldfisch: 25m swim – 450m bike – 250m run